Abolishment of gender discrimination for retirement
- 1982~ 1989, 1992
- Participate the committee for abolishment of retirement age discrimination
1) Younghee Kim worked as telecommunicator in Korea Telecom was fired due to
retirement age change from 55 to 43.
2) In 1992, she got fired again due to company regulation change for retirement
age to 53.
1) Raised the lawsuit to nullify retirement age regulation toward company
- Supported by various women associations
2) Applied cancellation of unfair dismissal toward Seoul labour office
- The case was dismissed by the company since it is not the gender discrimination
but differentiation upon job specification.
- She didn’t accept and kept to appeal
1) Returned to work after winning at the final court at 1989, six years passed from
2) To change the retirement age from 58 to 53 due to its women exclusive job category
definitely gender discrimination and Labour organization ordered the worker’s
||The resolution of Labour organization affected all other retirement age setting and became
corner stone of gender equality.